Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Google Images Search

Good morning!

How is everyone? I am tired. I went to the Jazz game last night, then this morning, I hit Target before they opened to pick up my copy of Tangled! Myself and three other Mom's were there waiting when they unlocked the doors. It's a good thing too because the Target up in Centerville was out of the 4 Disc pack within 45 minutes! I got my copy for a few cents over $15.00 using 2 coupons and my Target debit card which gave me 5% more off!

If you don't have a Target DEBIT card, I highly recommend getting one. It links directly to your checking account so its not a credit card. They don't charge interest and they don't pull your credit to get it.

You get 5% off ALL purchases and the money just comes right out of your checking as if you paid with your checking card! Awesome right? Pair that with manufacturer's coupons and Target coupons that you can "stack" and you can get some pretty awesome deals! Plus every once in a while Target has some deals where if you buy a certain number of items say- 5 boxes of Pop Tarts, you get a $5 giftcard. And usually those items are on sale too. I did the Pop Tart one once and got 5 boxes of Pop Tarts at $2.00 each, then got a $5 giftcard. Now imagine if I'd had coupons AND my extra 5% off?

Anyway- I love Target- and I am not getting paid to say that! :o)

So I was going to make today a "Tailored Tuesday" and talk about furniture and my upcoming move to my basement. But I decided {while looking for images} to talk about the Google Images search option.

We've all heard of Google right? You just type in what you want and hit search.

Have you ever noticed that there are different options for your Google search? Like images or maps or videos?

Well if not, let me introduce you to Google Images!

Just select the images button,tab, link- whatever your browser has. Then type in your search criteria and VOILA! A ton of images come up!

So for today's original post idea I was going to show some images of tufted ottomans.

I typed it in, hit 'search' and tons and tons of beautiful {and some not so much} tufted ottomans came up on my screen!

How is that for going out to the webland to get inspiration?

Here is an example of my "tufted ottoman" search:



Sorry it looks a little distorted. I tried to manipulate the size in the HTML coding but since its a webpage it just started to pixelate.

Anyway, if you look up in the top left hand corner of my screen shot {click the pic to make it bigger} you can see that the word images is highlighted or bold. So you click on that, then type in your search criteria, in this case tufted ottoman and hit search and there it is!

Here is another example:




You can literally do this for anything! So awesome! Whenever I want to google anything- I always, always, always do an images search as well!

And...just to add more awesome-ness to your searches, Google also has a BLOG SEARCH FUNCTION!



You can do this by clicking on the word more up there in the left top corner and there is an arrow drop down, then select blog and it will pull in any blogs that have the words kids room in them. Then you will notice on the left that there are options such as post times and things like that. The more button is also located on the left of the screen when you are in images mode.

Easy Peasy and the inspiration options are endless!

So go out there and search to your hearts desire!!!

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment