Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Simplify {verb \ˈsim-plə-ˌfī\}

Simplify. That is my word of the year. Simplified. Simplifying.

: to make simple or simpler: as

a : to reduce to basic essentials

b : to diminish in scope or complexity : streamline

c : to make more intelligible : clarify


It's what I hope to achieve this year. In every sense.

I get so involved in trying to make everything perfect, that it never is, resulting in nothing getting done. Which then results in me having feelings of guilt, animosity and regret.

I've spent the last two years saying things like "well if the house were more organized and clean, I might be more inclined to _______________" Insert any phrase here: go to school, be relaxed, have more time with my daughter, have more me time, do more projects...you get the idea.

After one year you'd think I would have learned my lessons. Complaining about it and over planning has created the feelings of being overwhelmed so I haven't achieved anything. Seriously, it's like the stars have to align for me to get to something- always feeling like B,C and D needs to be done before I can even start A on my list.

I spent the last couple months of 2010 organizing some areas and purging. I feel really good about that, but I have a long way to go.

My blog posts have been hit and miss, but this year I plan on using this space to not only to journal my progress, but to have a spot to hold myself accountable to completing things.

I wrote this post last night {01/11/11} but Blogger or my computer froze up and they were not at all working together.

So instead of rambling, I am going to do a post for today {1/12/11}!!

No comments:

Post a Comment