Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Are you ready for this?

So I work full time. Most of last week I worked late and Monday night I stayed until 6:30.

Tuesday morning my daughter and I were on our way to work and pre-school and she coughed so hard she threw up in the car. Last week we'd had to take her up to my husbands parents because she had a fever, she's been fighting a cold for a week or so.

So I missed work yesterday and last night she woke up at 2 something AM and was just coughing non-stop, that lasted a little past 4. With some cough drops, vapor rub and water- she stopped coughing completely and fell back asleep.

So when it was time to get up for work, I decided that I was going to let her sleep. She slept until almost 10- which NEVER happens! When she woke up, one of her eyes was soooo bloodshot! :o(

So it's been a Disney Channel and lots of water day today. Of course she woke up coughing again. But we've taken it easy all day.

My house has been a WRECK since Christmas. My little abode cannot accomodate so many people all at once, having company involved the leaf in the table, the Christmas tree involved completely rearranging the living room to fit it all. My next house will have a more square family room and more space between the dinig area and the family room. Basically it will be bigger with a better layout and NO CORNER FIREPLACE- that will be a whole other post!

Anyway, sitting here for two days has driven me nuts! It's such a mess- it makes me want to flee and never return.

Here is what my kitchen table has looked like since Christmas. I really should have taken this picture Saturday, because there was a whole lot more on this table...



See the part there on the left that doesn't really have anything covering it? That is the area where we eat so we have simply either re-located the items to the bar right behind the table, or just pushed everything further to the right.

Well I got sick of looking at it. So I decided today was the perfect day to SIMPLIFY. So rather than waiting for all the planets to align- I decided to sort it all out!

I've been slowly sorting all of my papers, magazine clippings, endless lists and recipes in to file folders- which may eventually make it in to a binder- but for now I am happy with the papers being sorted and living with like items in file folders. Here is the after:






See in the first picture I've sorted all of my papers in to file folders. There are like 20 of them!

But everything is nice and tucked away where it goes! Until I decide to hyper organize it and get it in to binders.

The next picture is with all that cleared away, and the last one is just how I like to see it- cleared off and simple with just my little urn- thingy!

Anyway- one thing off my list. Tomorrow {hopefully} I will post some other pictures of things I hope to get accomplished and SIMPLIFY!

No comments:

Post a Comment