Wednesday, August 4, 2010

So far my blog is pretty boring...

So far my blog is pretty boring. It seems like a journal. I hope that some day someone reads it, and that I have some bloggy friends and "followers". I am still trying to figure all of this stuff out. There are so many beautiful blogs out there with great content and I hope to someday be on of those!
I spent a great deal of time this afternoon taking pictures of my wreck of a house in preparation for the major organization overhaul that is about to come.
I've organized before...again and again and again....but in my current cycle of being overwhelmed by the mess and clutter, I realized something. I was organizing before based on what I thought looked pretty- not what worked for my family! It was like a giant light bulb went off! It was my epiphany of the year!
I have all of my daughters clothes from newborn size to her recently grown out of 3T size. I am talking bins and bins and piles and stacks here, I need to get rid of them. I need to get rid of anything that my hands have not touched in 6 months, unless it was expensive- like jewelry rarely worn or something. All this clutter is so overwhelming!!
I realized over the past couple of weeks (I have been paying close attention to our habits) that we are a 'needs to see it family'. Meaning: we always leave things out where we can see them, we use them and put them back- not where they go- but where we picked them up from.
I think the cause of this is the lack of convenient storage in the house we live in. My next house will have built in storage every place I can put it!!
So I am out to de-clutter us, organize us and make it all functional!

Please stay tuned for my story of organization and preventing my clutter triggered nervous breakdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment