Sunday, August 1, 2010

Baby Shower





Today I hosted a Baby Shower for my good friend Jenny. I had it at my house at 10 a.m.




The Mommy to be had requested it be a "brunch thing" so that she could make sure that her sister could attend.





So after I thought about the traditional "brunch" fare, I had decided that I really did NOT want my house to smell like bacon and eggs all day. I also didn't want to have to worry about making a million waffles either.



So I opted for a 'Make your own Yogurt Parfait" stand. I purchased strawberry, plain and vanilla yogurt, maple and vanilla granola crunch, and frozen berries. I also made bacon and served blueberry and chocolate chip mini muffins.



I just used simple plastic SOLO cups that were clear, and let people stack their ingredients in themselves. I really wanted fancy cups for them, but none seem to suit how I pictured it in my head. I figured if the Nordstrom E-bar can serve them in plastic cups- than so can I!



For games I took a que from House of Smiths, and did the guess how many "Baby" Ruths are in the jar, I also did the popular measuring the Mommy's belly guessing game. My third game was one I'd never done before- you give each guest a crayon and a paper plate, have them write their name on the inside of the plate (what you'd eat off of) and then you have them put it on their head- name side down and take one minute to draw a baby- one handed, not looking and with the plate on their heads! Although we have all known each other quite some time, it still really got everyone talking and mingling. I highly recommend it!




For game prizes I gave out $5 Target gift cards, a Vanilla Cupcake candle, 2 metal inspirational bookmarks, a Scentsy Travel Tin and Scentsy Car Candle- I know they changed the name of this, but I don't remember what it was changed to. :o)



And for my party favors- instead of racking my brain trying to figure out what to get and make it both budget friendly and fun, I opted to make a kitchen lemon hand scrub. I packaged it in canning jars and topped it with a ribbon, a tag to label it and topped the jar with stickers that said "thanks for coming".



Here are my photos:

























No comments:

Post a Comment