Thursday, July 22, 2010

East Coast Living

I have always been {lightly} obsessed with the East Coast.


It probably started around the age of 16. I have always thought that maybe I belonged in a different life. A life of easy going beach walks, collecting sea glass, and having big clam bake gatherings with friends and family.


I have had a couple of opportunities in my life to head east, and each time I am going to take the leap~ I chicken out!


My latest opportunity, would have been to move to the Raleigh, North Carolina area. I had this opportunity once before a few years back- and didn't take it {LONG story}...but this last time, it wasn't me who chickened out.


My husband, is VERY smart. He is also VERY cautious- a planner. He had just graduated from the University of Utah and the last year had been a major penny pincher on our budget, scratch that~ it wiped us out financially!


There was a great opportunity with an employer there (actually, there are several thousand opportunities in the area for his line of work/degree).


HE didn't think it was a good idea to move our family with an economy that is unstable and really, we would have had to beg, borrow and plea to get there with our car full of stuff.

But why not? I am a glass full kinda gal, and he is a...count whats in the jar kinda guy. This equals some major issues, and major compromise.

Needless to say he accepted a nice conservative position where we are at, which meant I got to keep my job that I LoVe.


So what's the problem?


I spend every day plotting on how to get us back there~ secretly looking at jobs he may be qualified for, looking at houses, looking at schools for out little one.
Here are just three of the houses I found today. These are the ready to move in ones.
I have a whole other list of ones that would be investments- picked up for as little as $35,000.




Oh how I wish I were back there...... what's the worst thing that can happen? We move back to where we started?






































No comments:

Post a Comment